Responsibilities of the Marketer
As a Marketing Executive, you will need to:
• Prepare and deliver marketing plans ,advertising, direct marketing and campaigns
• Create awareness of and develop the brand of the school and colleges
• Communicate with target audiences and build and develop customer relationships
• Working with in-house designers to produce materials of visual impact and within brand guidelines
• Involving key stakeholders for product at each stage of campaign, and reporting results once completed
• Generating and executing marketing campaigns across social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook,Instagram, YouTube and many more thereby driving traffic to the websites.
• Write and proofread marketing copy for both online and print campaigns
• Generating reports for digital marketing campaigns using data based analytics tools and also presenting this data in an easy to understand format
• Organise and attend events such as school fairs, open days, webinars , conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions to manage booth, do customer interviews and focus groups
• Source and secure sponsorship or donations
• Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press, radio or TV as appropriate to the product or service
• Liaising with media, printers and publishers as required and managing the production of marketing
materials such as leaflets, flyers, brochures, posters and newsletters, including e-newsletters and DVDs
Liaising with events coordinators to maximise visibility at conferences, receptions and exhibitions, including compiling product and literature lists to display or demonstrate
• Monitoring competitor activity and generating leads for products and services.
• Maintain and update customer databases
• Conduct market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
• Develop relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials
• Evaluate and review marketing campaigns, advertising and SEO to make sure the correct mediums are
being used and campaigns are effective
• Track marketing performance and return on investment and prepare weekly or monthly reports for management
• Oversee and manage the marketing budget.