– Teaching responsibilities
-Day-to-day management, organisation and administration of the school in order to create a productive, disciplined learning environment.
– Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation
– Working with the Director and senior colleagues to deploy staff effectively and recruit new staff
– Meeting with other education professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school in the local community and nationwide
– Motivating, training and disciplining staff
– Ensuring the motivation of the pupils
– Ensuring a channel is in place in which all members of staff and pupils feel they can register their opinions on serious matters, and have a route via which they can communicate problems to senior members of staff
– Ensuring the good financial management of the school
– Ensuring the school is up-to-date with innovations, from teaching practices to new technologies
Reporting on the school’s performance to a range of audiences, including Director, the Local Education Authority, etc.
– Managing accommodation (e.g. classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements
– Assuming responsibility for other legal matters in the day-to-day running of the school
– Resolving major disciplinary issues with pupils
– Establish and maintain links or partnerships with businesses.
N.C.E, B.Ed, or P.G.D.E
Must have people skills