Our client is a Top Secondary and Sixth form school based in Lagos and Abuja who is looking for Experienced and Competent Head of School, teachers and Marketing Staff for both Campuses that prepare students for Top Universities
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HEAD OF SCHOOL AND TEACHERS
Be a University Graduates with 1st degree in the subject he/she wants to teach, from a reputable tertiary institution.
Have a minimum of 2:2
A minimum of 3 years teaching experience in a secondary School
Must have NYSC, NTI and TRCN teacher training certificates
Be IT Competency, Use of Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel
Have Excellent Communication and speaking skills
Must have excellent IT Skills must be able to use Microsoft teams and have Good leadership skills etc.
Experienced in teaching British, Nigerian and other international curriculum.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
You will be responsible for the learning and achievement of all students in your class.
Responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible learning outcomes for all yourstudents .
Manage students and classes very well and be a role model and leader in your classroom such as to produce highly disciplined and motivated students
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of School and teachers are required to carry out the duties listed below based on international standards and conditions as follows:
1. Establish a safe, excellent, interactive and stimulating environment for students, rooted in mutual respect and establish a framework for discipline with a range of strategies, using praise, sanctions and rewards consistently and fairly
2. Deliver the curriculum as relevant to the age and ability in the subjects you teach
3. Prepare and deliver interactive lessons to classes of different ages and abilities
4. Select and use a range of different learning resources and equipment, including videos, PowerPoint and interactive whiteboards
5. Mark class work, assignments, homework and give appropriate feedback to school and parents and maintain records of student’s’ progress.
6. Be responsible for the preparation and development of teaching materials and extracurricular activities/programs as appropriate.
7. Be aware of student’s’ capabilities, their prior knowledge and plan teaching and differentiate appropriately to build on the knowledge and understanding of how pupils learn
8. Have a clear understanding of the needs of all pupils, including those with special educational needs; gifted and talented, disabilities; and be able to use and evaluate distinctive teaching approaches to engage and support them
9. Manage students behaviour in the classroom and on school premises, and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
10. Use relevant data to monitor progress, set targets, and plan subsequent lessons
11. Set homework and plan other out-of-class activities to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding of pupils
12. Undertake pastoral duties, such as taking on the role of year tutor, and supporting pupils on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
13. Organize and participate in extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events.
14. Give students regular feedback, both orally and through accurate marking, and encourage students to respond to the feedback, reflect on progress and encourage them to take a responsible attitude to their own work and study
15. Manage classes effectively, using approaches which are appropriate to student’s needs in order to
Inspire, motivate and challenge students
16. Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values and behaviour, which are expected of students
17. Have high expectations of behaviour, promoting self-control and independence of all learners
18. Participate in any relevant meetings/professional development opportunities at the school, which relate to the learners, curriculum or organization of the school including pastoral arrangements and assemblies
19. Prepare pupils for qualifications and external examinations